May 9, 2010

Couture meets Safari

It's my final year of university, and for my major project I'm creating a 12 look collection inspired by haute couture of the 1950's particularly that of Dior meets African Safari. 
I'm really excited about my theme, I'm imaging built up structured and tailored designs, clean sleek lines, with the interjection of African wax prints and African inspired batik textiles, in exagertaed trapeze and hour glass silhouettes. These are a few pages from my design journal, including a short visual narrative i designed to explain my theme.


Dior galor, she wanted more...
Adventure, excitement, travel... safari you say?

Such a strange place...
Timid at first, inside she hid... 
Into the wild she ventured...
Advenuture, excitement, the things she did see...
Queen of the jungle...
She feared no longer...
All that she saw... 
She would take with her forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment