April 6, 2010

Richard gray- artist


This is a birthday card my friend gave me a few years ago that I came across the other day. I love the richness and intensity of the colours; its such a fun and theatrical painting.

It’s a 2002 image for Christian Lacroix Couture, done with gouache, by Artist Richard Gray. Gray studied fashion at Middlesex University in 1990 and has collaborated with designers including Alexander Mcqueen, Agent provocateur and Givenchy. His work has been widely published in magazines, books and he has been a part of solo and group exhibitions.

His work is really edgy, and vibrant with an almost comical twist. Great inspiration for colour schemes or illustrations, I’d defiantly check Richard Gray out!! Here's a little taste of his work..


Image credit- http://www.art-dept.com/illustration/gray/


No comments:

Post a Comment